This is a view of Innistioge Bridge from the ruins of Sandford Castle. Below is some history on the Castle.
A visit to Woodstock can be incorporated into the Mount Sandford Walk, starting at the base of the steep hill in the Village Green. As the road ascends, some lime trees on the high ground to the rear of the houses conceal the original motte, built by the Normans at the head of the navigable river in 1169. The views from the gates of Woodstock, looking back over the river valley and village are truly magnificent.
Near Ladies Walk in the Woodstock Estate is the remains of Mount Sandford “Castle”, a folly built in 1769 from where spectacular views of the village can be enjoyed. Ladies Walk leads to an exit gate in the estate wall. Just outside the gate is an impressive stand of Californian Redwoods.